About Frampton Signs
Established in 1947, Frampton Signs have been manufacturing signs in Wellington for 70 years. The company was initially set up as a pattern-making business, however, a change in demand saw an increase in the requirement of signs, and so original owner Bert Frampton changed his strategy to cater to this new found need. The company was later bought by Bert’s sons Alby and Colin who continued to cater to the signage requirements of Wellington successfully. In 2005, now owner Wayne Frampton, son of Alby, bought the business and merged it with his existing neon sign company ‘Frampton Neon’ to create the vast number of services available from Frampton Signs today.
As we are the only neon sign plant in the greater Wellington area, the majority of neon seen around Wellington was likely created by us, right here in Newtown. Many other companies will source their neon from us, and ask us for advice on their own projects. Our manufacturing base is extensive and is continually growing. We’ve been creating plaques and crests for many large organisations for decades and hold original casts which we still use today. These include casts for:
- Various New Zealand government departments
- The NZ Courts - from the New Supreme Court & High Court in Wellington to many of the district courts nationally
- Aviation Security
- The NZ Armed Forces
- The NZ Police
- The NZ Fire Service
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and many NZ embassies overseas
Although we’ve been manufacturing plaques and crests for ages, we have a passion for the design and manufacture of cutting-edge custom signs and lighting for hotels, bars, restaurants and many commercial businesses, too. We are dedicated to providing state of the art signage solutions and will strive to bring your concept to life.